Holiday 2012 Gift Guide: Hostess Gifts
By Wednesday morning I’ll be in Swansea, Wales visiting family friends that I haven’t seen since my parents and I lived there fifteen years ago. I am beyond excited. I had so much fun with the challenge of getting gifts for friends I haven’t seen in so long. I love everything on this list and out of the twelve ideas I’m packing four of them with me on my trip plus a bottle of BC wine. If you’re staying with friends over the holidays but have a hard time figuring out their taste, I recommend treating your host(s) to a nice dinner (with wine!) then sending a thank you note after you leave. Try your best to take note of their tastes during your stay so that you can send a gift along with your thank you card if you can.
1. Kate Spade Woodland Park Elephant Salt & Pepper Shakers, $30.
2. Voluspa Goji & Tarocco Orange large glass jar candle, $24. The Moss Bambo scent is popular with men.
3. World of Jo Malone Gift Set, $165.
4. Le Creuset stoneware mug, $11.95
5. Cabin coaster set, $20.
6. Savon de Marseille hand soap, $18.
7. Chalkboard Storage Jars, $28-$36.
8. Gold Athena tray, $45.
9. One Year of White Pages, $46. The Moleskine 12 Month Daily Planner Colour-A-Month is also a great option for $35.95.
10. Uggs knit slippers (also here), $120.
11. – Cake Milk Made Hand Creme and Sugar Cookie Hand Creme, $18 each.
12. Sheepskin Rug, $59.99 (also available at IKEA for $39.99)